Friday, January 06, 2012

Tired and Frustrated but Happy

I'm tired because.......

*It's taking my body awhile to adjust back to a regular sleep/wake schedule after 2 weeks of staying up REALLY late every night and sleeping late every day. Will, Luke and Abby started back to school this week so we are back to the 6:00 (or earlier) wake-up call. Ugh. (Coleson doesn't go back for a couple of weeks.)
*I started a temporary part time job this week at our host church as a secretary. I should mention that I have never been a secretary before! So far it's been really fun and I work with really cool people who make me laugh. And they are forgiving when I forget how the phone system works and I disconnect people who call to speak someone at the church.

I'm frustrated ......

*About really important things like the fact that our vacuum cleaner won't pick up lint and string from the carpet or the fact that I'm WAY behind on laundry.

*About the fact that I've yet to upload Christmas pictures from our camera to the computer.

*That I'm so tired I can hardly hold my eyes open and it's only 5:00 p.m.....but as soon as 9:00 p.m. rolls around I will be WIDE AWAKE for the next two hours.


I'm happy.......

*God reminded me today that just like He went before the Israelites when they entered the Promised Land, He is going before me and even though they were a stiff necked people, He loved them and had a plan for them and He loves me and has a plan for me.

*Tomorrow is Friday!

*That I have friends all over the world who occasionally read this blog......hello Sally, Michelle R., Shawna, Lynne, Suzie, Janet.....

I'm off to prop open my eyelids and make some dinner.

4 comments:

Cara Beth said...

Love you! Praying for you in your new job.

Mich said...

Happy New Year! :)

sally said...

I LOVE your blog Angie, you are always so real. I also get frustrated when our vacuum cleaner doesn't pick all the bits up. Isn't that a bit silly in the scheme of things! I'm glad you're enjoying your new work - I am sure you're great at it!
xxx

Rodger and Lynne Schmidt Mozambique said...

Roll call! Lynne checking in! Read it! Love you!